Plaedo has over a decade of study and experience related to permaculture and homesteading.
His accomplishments in this field include:
- Developing and running an urban homestead for 6 years
- Co-founding and organizing for the Eugene Avant Gardeners. While an Avant Gardener Plaedo:
- Gave away over 10,000 veggie starts and medicinal herbs he grew himself
- Hosted over 50 work parties helping develop the local sustainable food movement
- Curated 6 zines that promote Avant Gardening
- Hosted a podcast on Avant Gardening for a year.
- Gardening Director for Atlas Solutions, Inc..
- At this position he developed gardening relationships with high schools and various non proffits
- Developed programs to help secure local food resiliency systems.
- Helped develop the Peoples Garden
- Taught at and/or spoke at numerous events and conferences such as the Northwest Permaculture Convergence.
- Taught cooking classes