Plaedo Project List:
As you know I’ve been on a community building mission for many years in the permaculture movement, working with at the mental health of the unhoused and bringing people together with uplifting creative events and performances.
What you probably didn’t know is that much of the work I do, I do for free or am underpaid for. Even though it’s financially challenging sometimes, I just do it because I realize it’s the right thing to do, it’s much needed, and I have the capacity to do it.
I’m reaching out to ask you to donate to my Patreon account to help make the work I do more sustainable for my family and future. If you look at my history, or follow my work, you will see that year in and year out I am steadily making a positive difference and contributing to the betterment of the world in every way that I can.
Currently I am seeking funding through Patreon so that I can
- develop a street therapy training program (that I will offer free via YouTube and at a career sustaining price to organizations) based on 5 years experienced working with the unhoused for various organizations. I also seek to start doing free group therapeutic style conversations at the homeless camps in my community.
- Continue to be a significant community organizer in the edible food forest/organic/sustainable gardening movement. To be able to continue to produce and distribute medicinal and nutritional plant starts as well as offer educational and consultation support to people who want to develop land in a sustainable way.
- Release my Magnum Opus musical album, "Empires Die...Life Evolves" created through 3 of the most turbulent years of my life and featuring over 60 guest musicians from around the world. The album is a thematic exploration and survival guide for living in times of great change.
- Be able to provide a decent lifestyle for myself and my two kids yo!
Some of the Notable Achievements I've done Over The Years:
- Co-Founded and was a lead organizer of the Eugene Avant Gardeners, An anarchically organized group that has, for free, given away tens of thousands of edible, medicinal or ecologically beneficial plants, hosted well over a hundred work parties and/or educational workshops, processed and distributed food and medicine and that is still active over 8 years after it's birth.
- Be a camp of facilitator at homeless camps, known to facilitate camps becoming true and supportive communities, even converting one of the most troublesome camps in his community into a model camp studied by other communities.
- Break up a proud boys march without using police or violence, but non-violently through discussion convinced the group to go home.
- Gave a TedXBend Talk on Sustainable Community Gardening.
- Was the head of the Morale Committee for Occupy Eugene, and MC'd the historic first march as well as many of marches and campaigns.
- Helped Develop and Run The Downtown Youth Initiative, a popular program that provides alternatives to traditional policing models for downtown youth.
- Has been a spiritual, emotional, and artistic mentor for many young men and women. I love to be an elder, to apply my hard earned lessons to good use, and to provide people with the support, encouragement and opportunities that came so hard and rare to me when I was young.
- Organized positive community building and reoccurring events such as: "Talking Rainy Day Poetry and Philosophy in Pajamas", "World Family Story Telling", "Uplift Yourself", and "Lettuce Grow Together Gardening"
- Non-Violently Broke Up an already bloody machete fight.
- Released 3 solo albums and 1 group album of psychedelic hip hop/solar punk music.
- Develop and Teach classes such as "Hacky Sack Philosophy", "Empowered Leadership", "The Art of Protest" and "Rhythm, Rhyme, and Reason"
- Been a regular performer of uplifting, inspiring music.
- Been a regular volunteer at both of his kids schools.
- Taught local seasonal vegetarian cooking classes called, "From the Garden to the Table"
- Been an involved and loving father, friend, and community member.
If you value, this work, please consider becoming a Patreon for Plaedo. A link to Plaedo’s Patreon can be found here: www.patreon.com/plaedo Signing up and becoming a Patreon is a easy process that would be much appreciated!
Since I love giving when I receive, I’m offering a bunch of benefits to people who donate including:
access to new and/or exclusive speeches/music/writings;
opportunities to collaborate or call upon my services for help with your projects;
Plus updates so you can see the impact you’re helping me make in our community.
Thank you for your support. It means the world to me (Plaedo) !!!